Holiday in North Brittany on the Pink Granite Coast
You cannot remain untouched to the charms of the Pink Granite coast in Côtes d'Armor, a stretch from Paimpol to Trébeurden. The natural erosion of this Northern coastal part of Brittany made of large colourful pink granite rocks has resulted into bold rounded estrange forms and shapes that most peculiar ones have been given names like The Elephant, The Hare, or Napoléon's Hat, just to name a few.
Check North Brittany's top holiday destinations
Take a stroll in Paimpol, a fishing port busier today with pleasure boats where you can set onboard to visit the beautiful Island of Bréhat and its subtropical garden. Paimpol also hosts every two year the big Festival of Breton Music, Fête des Chants Marins.
If you wish to attend one of the main Pardons of North Brittany, join the 10,000 pilgrims in to the town of Tréguier where the pardon of St-Yves for the poor and lawyers is celebrated every third Sunday of May.
To enjoy the geological environment of the area, we recommend you follow the Sentiers des Douaniers, a coast guards path between Ploumanac'h and Trégastel-Plage.
Perros-Guirec is a buzzling seaside resort with a casino, a spa centre and beautiful beaches well equipped for watersport activities at the Centre Nautique making it ideal for families. Go to its Plage de Trestraou to board a ferry boat for touring les Sept Iles, a major seabird haven reserve. If you continue along the west coast, you will meet with le Radôme of Pleumeur-Bodou, where 50 years ago, the first US TV images were received from its radar dome antenna. A visit of its excellent Telecommunications museum and the nearby Planetarium du Trégor of Bretagne provide plenty to do for the whole family.
Where to stay in the Area
Recommended hotels in North Brittany with secure online booking
Fantastic seaside resort locations with mobile home, chalets or bring your own tent
- Gites & Cottages
Extensive list of private rentals
- Holiday Villages & Self-Catering Apartments
All located close to beach resorts, some with swimming pool
How to Keep Active and Relax
- Fantastic Hiking along the Ploumana'ch coast
- Sailing Club of Perros-Guirec
- Golf Club in Val André
- Indulge and relax at Perros-Guirec's Spa Centre
How to keep the kids happy
You need a change from the beach and you have done plenty of sightseeing. To keep your children happy, why not try a few of our recommended places:
- Aquarium - Aquarium Marin de Trégastel
- Animal Park - Parc Zoologique de Trégomeur
- Water Leisure Park - Forum de Trégastel
- Steam Train line - La Vapeur du Trieux in Paimpol
- Forest Adventure Park - Armoripark in Bégard
How to get there
- By plane - Fly direct to the nearest international airport of Brest.
- By ferry with direct arrivals to St Malo and Roscoff. Alternative ferry terminals to consider include Cherbourg.
- By train - The nearest highspeed train station (TGV) is Rennes where you change to the local train network to reach your final destination.
- By car - drive your own or hire a car - Check our driving guide before you set off.
Don't miss ...
- Festival de la Saint Loup, a major festival of traditional Breton music and dance running for several days in Guingamp during August
- Festival du Chant de Marin, a well known Marine Music Festival in Paimpol every two years in August
- Grand Pardon de Saint-Yves, religious procession in Tréguier every 3rd Sunday of May
- Pardon Notre Dame de la Clarté, religious procession in Perros-Guirec every 15th August
Search a Hotel in Brittany
Brittany Top Holiday Destinations
Brittany Top Holiday Attractions